We are seeking deeply experienced team members in the following job positions to join our Pakistan organization located in Islamabad.
Structural Methods, Tools and Allowable Team Member
· Experience in developing durability and damage tolerance methods particularly in a military fighter aircraft context. Should be familiar with MIL-STD-1530 ASIP program tasks and approach.
· Experience in the development of structural dynamics methods, specifically:
- Establishing the qualification test levels considering all vibratory, shock and acoustic sources that may act on the aircraft.
-Building the dynamics FE model and having experience on validation and GVT testing.
-Generating the methods of analysis for acoustically loaded structures (both static and durability & damage tolerance) and interfacing with aero-acoustics team.
-Composing the analysis methods of high and low velocity impact phenomena using explicit dynamics solvers
-Building the methods and creating the procedure for tail buffeting and its effects
· Experience in composite stressing methods for CFRP/GFRP monolithic and sandwich materials Preferably in residual strength after impact estimations and bolted joints in composite/hybrid joints
· Experience in structural testing and allowable generation, familiarity with statistical methods
Structural Lead Design Engineer
· BS or higher degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering
· Minimum 12 years’ experience in aerospace structures design
· Strong technical background with aerospace industry standards
· Experience with the metallic part design and its manufacturing processes, including extrusion, machining, sheet metal forming, forging, etc.
· Experience with the composite part detail process, including composites stacking sequence, lamination theory, honeycomb core, bonded assemblies, manufacturing assembly and fabrication processes, post-cure machining operations desired.
· Experience with assembly design, mechanical and bonded joints.
· Solid knowledge of mechanical design principles including GD&T
· Fluency in Microsoft Office tools
Preferred Additional Skils
· Experience with prototype and/or rate part production with exposure to tool design, manufacturing planning and hands on fabrication desired.
· Stress analysis experience using FEM based tools such as MSc Patran / Nastran, Abaqus or relevant tools with both metal and composite parts.
Systems Installation Design Engineer (mechanical/hydraulic, electrical/avionic, mission, weapon)
· M.Sc. or higher degree in Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent
· 3 -7 years experience in an engineering classification
· 2D and 3D CAD design experience (e.g. CATIA V5, V6, UG-NX, etc.)
· Understanding of product life cycle management
· Technical background with aerospace industry standards
· Knowledge of installation, production, structural design, configuration management
· Knowledge of mechanical design principles including GD&T
· Knowledge of metallic and composite materials and mechanical joints
Fatique and Damage Tolerance Engineer
· Knowledge of requirements prescribed on MIL-STD-1530 , JSSG-2006 and MIL-HDBK-516 from the Durability and Damage tolerance point of view is preferable.
· Knowledge of sonic fatigue is preferable.
Senior Aircraft Loads Engineer
· At least 8 years of experience in loads analyses in the aerospace industry
· Excellent understanding of aircraft loads and aeroelasticity
· Familiarity with using MSC NASTRAN and/or ZONA-ZONAIR
· Familarity with multi-DOF flight dynamics simulations for use in aircraft loads and Dynamics
Senior Aircraft Aeroelasticity and Dynamics Engineer
· Excellent understanding of strucutral dynamics and aeroelasticity
· at least 8 years of experience in aeroelastic and/or dynamics analyses in the aerospace industry.
· Familiar with using MSC NASTRAN and/or ZONA-ZAERO
Consultancy on “Aircraft Configuration Design
· Aircraft conceptual/initial design
· Aircraft configuration layout generation
· Knowledge based engineering methods
· Knowledge based design applications
· Integrated lofting/surfacing of aircraft configuration
· Proficiency in algorithm and programming languages
· Familiarity with optimization/compromization cycles
· At least 10 years of aerospace industry experience.
Aeroacoustics (Leader / Engineer)
· Having extended knowledge on unsteady aerodynamics, aeroacoustics and computational fluid dynamics
· Experience on cavity flow, internal weapon bays and jet noise aeroacoustics
· Experience on high/low speed wind tunnel tests and aeroacoustic evaluations
· Experience on store separations from internal weapon bays
· Experience on signal processing of unsteady pressure data
· Knowledge on international standards, ground and flight tests of aeroacoustic related issues
· Solid knowledge on aircraft thermostructural analysis
· Solid knowledge on Heat transfer
· Knowledge on Aerodynamics
· Knowledge of programming languages, i.e. phyton, Matlab etc., to create/modify/use postprocessing/analysis tools.
· Conducting thermostructural analysis on CAE tools, mostly Nastran.
· Feeding Loads team with requested thermal data, e.g. temperature distribution, heat fluxes across the aircraft structure etc.
· Time dependent analysis to support internal flow and heat transfer analysis of aircraft
Surface Modeling for Outer Mold Design and Wind Tunnel Aero Surfaces
· CATIA 3DExperience Surface Modelling
· Fighter A/C Design (Conceptual and Detailed design). Available aero design guidelines are provided to
-Forebody and nose shaping, strakes,
-Center fuselage outer shape (canopy and canopy hood)
-Engine air intakes, cowl shape and lip
-Wings, and flying surfaces
· Aerodynamics (and Flight MEchanics, S&C-Performance),
· Necessary knowledge on Wind tunnel testing, model design
Lead System Enginner
Required Skills and Abilities
· Bachelor’s, Master’s degree in engineering / computer science
· Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering approaches, methods, and techniques
· Advanced knowledge and experience with System Modelling Language (SysML), Unified Modelling Language (UML), Unified Architecture Framework (UAF) (MODAF is a plus)
· Knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering tools (MagicDraw / Cameo System Modeler is a plus)
· Familiar with repository usage, issue tracking, and configuration management
· Experience with, and understanding of object oriented design
· Familiar with integration of different toolsets.
· Experience conducting system design and development by using Model Based Systems Engineering methods
· Experience with MBSE frameworks like MagicGrid, Object-Oriented Systems Engineering Method (OOSEM),
Experience in Airworthiness Certification Process
· Knowledge about Airworthiness Standards/Handbook/Guide Book (EASA/FAA Part 21, EMAR21, EMACC, MIL-HDBK-516B/C, JSSGs)
· Deriving certification requirements for TF-X by using related standards.
· Assign MoCs for derived requirements.
· Evaluate current Certification Management Process and provide comments to improve the process.
Human System Integration
· BS or higher degree in Human factors engineering, computer science, industrial design, psychology, human-computer interaction or equivalents.
· Knowledge or experience about design tools such as PRESAGIS VAPS XT, Unity, Graphic tools, PLM tools like 3D experience, Requirement engineering tools like DOORs,
· Knowledge or experience about human factors testing and evaluation
Aircraft Vulnerability Assessment
· The role is responsible for the performing and/ or supporting vulnerability assessment of TF-X against ballistic and Laser Directed Energy Weapons (LDEW) weapons.
· Support system or system of systems level requirement generation studies - Support subcontractor work package definition studies
· Determining or support determining warhead fragment dispersion data for ballistic weapons
· Determining effect and damage mechanism of AAA and aircraft gun aircraft structure and systems.
· Determining effect and damage mechanism of LDEW on aircraft structure and systems.
· Determining or support determining material parametrization for both composites and metallic materials at high strain rates to perform ballistic vulnerability assessment (LS DYNA MAT54/55 and Johnson Cook material models).
· Determining or support determining material parametrization for both composites and metallic materials for thermal-structural coupling analysis to perform LDEW vulnerability assessment.
· Perform or support Hydrodynamic RAM (HRAM) analysis via LS DYNA for fuel tanks.
· Perform or support validation and verification activities for vulnerability analysis.
· Determining Kill Determination Modes for system and subsystems components both ballistic and LDEW weapons.
· Support planning for coupon, component, system, subsystem level vulnerability testing.
· Support Damage Mode and Effect Analysis (DMEA)
· Support evaluation of vulnerability analysis outcomes and provide vulnerability reduction inputs where applicable
· Preferable experience level: ~ 15 years
· Extensive knowledge and experience on fighter aircraft systems, components and software and speciality engineering methodologies and tactics.
· Evaluation of customer/operational needs to develop Maintainability design requirements.
· Allocation of top level requirements to design team as well as development of Maintainability predictions.
· Review engineering specifications, drawings, and DMUs to propose design improvements.
· Provide overall Maintainability including human factors expertise and judgment as necessary.
· Provide continuing technical guidance to design engineer regarding maintainability characteristics of equipment to ensure that design activity results in equipment and systems that meet high maintainability and human factors standard.
· Provide continuing technical guidance to other maintainability engineer
· Experienced on MIL-HBDK-472, MIL-HBDK-470 and MIL-STD-1472.
· Experienced on 3D Experience Ergonomics Module and DOORs.
· Knowledge about MIL-STD-2165 and DEF-STAN 00-42 Part-4
· Determination of ideal sensor locations to minimize ambiguity group size
· Determination of failure detection and failure isolation methods.
· Verification of system/equipment architecture with testability analysis tool
· Determination of test interfaces including manual test processes done by maintainer.
Off board Health Monitoring
· Prognostics: (Prediction of future failure)
· Condition monitoring: (Monitoring of real time performance degradation)
· Life & usage monitoring: (In the scope of the continuing airworthiness of the aircraft, tracking the life and usage limited components)
· Consumable: (tracking the level of consumables)
· Work Scope: Working on producing above data types based on the components/system data transferred from the aircraft to ground station and ensuring integration to failure reporting and corrective action system.
Avionics and Mission Systems
Flight Management System Design and Development
· Flight Management,
· Navigation Systems & Performance,
· Flight Planning & Performance Computations,
· Aircraft Guidance (Lateral and Vertical Guidance)
· Modelling and Simulation (Atmospheric model etc.).
· Knowledge and experience about multiple sensor and / data fusion techniques
· Experience and experience about transfering fusion work into recommendation system, forecasting, classifications.
· Experience in developing software machine learning and artifical intelligent.
· Knowledge and experince about computer vision, detections techniques.
Sensor Fusion Specialist
· BS, MS, or PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
· Experience processing sensor measurements from Radar, Optical Sensors, RF Sensors, Navigation Sensors
· Familiarity with classical and contemporary approaches for state estimation and tracking (e.g, Extended Kalman Filter, Particle Filter)
· Multi-target prediction and tracking (e.g., Multi-hypothesis tracking)
· Probabilistic inference and Bayesian likelihood estimation (e.g., Markov chain Monte Carlo) - Strong scientific programming skills in MATLAB/Python/R
· Having knowledge of Data Fusion Models,
· Experience in Fusion Architectures (Centralized, Decentralized)
· Experience multi sensor fusion techniques,
· Experience Bayesian Techniques,
· Experience in Association, Estimation Techniques,
· Experience in Belief Networks, Evidential
· Image Fusion Techniques,
· Detection, Recognition, Identification level Fusion.
Flight Management System Design and Development Activities
· Flight Management,
· Navigation Systems & Performance,
· Flight Planning & Performance Computations,
· Aircraft Guidance (Lateral and Vertical Guidance) and Modelling and Simulation (Atmospheric model etc.).
Air Vehicle Systems Engineering
Crew Escape and Life Support Systems Design Engineer
· Ejection seat design, integration, testing
· Oxygen system (preferably OBOGS) design integration, testing
· Pilot Flight Equipment (suits, helmets, masks, mechanical interfaces of HMD, etc)
· CBRN protection (aircraft and or pilot level) and related equipment
Engine Performance Engineer
· Describing and reviewing of propulsion system performance requirements with subcontractor.
· To direct the gas türbine performance studies in accordance with MIL-STD-882E or UK MoD Military Standard (Def-Stan 00-56) or equivalent
· Calculation and book-keeping of thrust and SFC requirements of aircraft.
· Prepare, perform and coordinate the gas turbine performance and integration related works.
· Execution of trade studies related to optimization of aircraft-engine integration.
· Support the development the critical skills (tools, methodologies, human resources etc.) and capabilities of Turkish Aerospace.
· Having experience on PTO shaft design
· Knowledge and setting up model of rotordynamic
· Designing diaphragm coupling contour profile
· Knowledge about material (maraging steel and titanium) and production (electron beam welding method, machining of flexible diaphragm coupling)
· Knowledge about PTO shaft certification test and test procedures
· Preparing PTO shaft requirements
Environmental Control System
· Expert (>15 yrs) in Air Cycle System (ACS), Liquid Cooling System (LCS), Cabin Pressure Control System (CPCS) and Canopy Seal System (CSS) design in civil and/or military platforms.
· Experience in ECS related systems engineering activities such as requirement capture, development, validation and verification.
· Knowledgeable in ACS and LCS installation requirements, interface management with other systems, as well as airframe and air vehicle design in high speed fixed wing applications with similar low observability, survivability and safety requirements.
· Skilled in 0D/1D system physical modelling and system control, nice to have familiarity with at least one such simulation package (such as Amesim, Dymola, Matlab/Simulink etc.)
· Background in system qualification and certification in civil and/or military projects, expected to have actively participated in such activities in similar sized programs.
· Experience in system and component level test planning, procedure and report generating.
· Expert level knowledge in component design and sizing relevant to the above mentioned systems, such as compressors, heat exchangers, flow/pressure control valves etc., considering the state-of-the-art advances in the relevant fields.